Now that the dust has cleared, the marque has been returned and the clowns have gone home, it’s time for an update and for us to thank all the many people, companies and organisations that contributed their time, effort and services to make our first SADS Dog Lovers Day an undoubted success. Without the efforts of many individuals including all our supporters that came to the day, we couldn’t have done it. So THANK YOU!
The day was a huge success, helping raise community awareness and much needed funding of $6656, to help kick start our fundraising appeal to keep us operating and viable in 2015.
SADS would like to formally thank the following:
· Paul Barbaro – Event organiser and manager
· Jim’s Dog Wash – donated all proceeds of dog grooming/washingon the day
· Tim from Purple Pupparazzi – Dog photo shoots
· Bronson Little Amusements – Supplied Ride & Jumping Castle
· Dreamscape Events – donated Balloon Animal Clown
· Rici Alexander – Graphic designer for Dog Lovers Day posters and logo
· Future Music Group – Donated all Marquees
· Joe Sofo from Concert AV – Donated the stage and P.A equipment.
· Laura Jayne Grose – Donated her services as MC all day.
· Adele Barbaro – Face painter
· Lisa Detragiache from Action Events – Donated the Clowns Game
· Dr Hugh Wackett – Presenting vet advice on stage
· Ray Davies from Inspired Printing – Organised the coreflute signs
· Michael Marinelli – Melbourne Brick Co .- For the allowing us to attach the large coreflute sign on their fence
· Felicity Thomson of Thomson Real Estate – Donating the Billboard
· Bec Hornsby from RRR Radio – Radio ad and on air schedule
· Jody Mintern – Radio ad and media assistance
· Michael Gleeson from Stonnington Leader – Photo and article
· Manuela Cifra from the Herald Sun – Photo and article
· Will and James from the Particular Pooch – Helping pack up onthe day
· Stonnington Council – Permits, approvals, meetings etc
Plus all the companies that donated to our raffle:
4 Paws Kennels and Cattery, Cat Café Melbourne, Dog Zone, Command Dog Training School, Purple Pupparazzi, Mikmac Doggy Snacks, Erin McNulty Pet Photographer, K9 Workouts, Pipsqueaks Photography, The Pet’s Hotel, Simone Perele, Pawshake, Inspired Images, Goodlife, Hills, The Particular Pooch, Elanco, Dermcare and Eukanuba.
Save-A-Dog Scheme would also like to acknowledge give special thanks to the following volunteers who organised and ran the Dog Lovers Day:
Paul and Adele Barbaro, Shannon May, Nicole Bradford, Karly Pietzsch, Casey Pool, Emma Watts, Tim Marchinton, Amy Moore and Janet Lowe.
Also thanks to all the other volunteers that contributed to the day:
Natasha Zanrosso, Rallou Lubitz, Helen Whiting, Sarah Hammond, Judy Benholz, Sophia Grewal, Stan Grewal, Jennifer Jones, Julie Duncan, Layla Stanton, Irena Sosinska, Heather Lythe, Belinda Elliot, Juan Baquero, Marg Sutherland, Dean Jelecevic, Sheridan James and Christian Renaud, Chantal Robert and all the Save a Dog Scheme staff members.