We Are Hiring
Save-A-Dog Scheme (SADS), is an animal organisation with a No-Kill philosophy. We are seeking to fill the position of an Animal Attendant with the possibility for further responsibilities for the right person at our Glen Iris facility (and when required our Yarrambat facility).
The successful applicant must have prior knowledge of and experience in animal welfare and the ability and desire to work within a team to perform the routine and repetitive tasks of operating an animal shelter. You must possess the will to further animal welfare and be committed to the service of our organisation.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a high standard of animal care
- Enrichment programs of all animals
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with quarantine and disease management
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to support colleagues
- Maintaining and daily cleaning of animal housing
- Animal transport
- Be able to work under stress.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft suite and email etc.
- Have a current full licence.
- Be willing to work weekends/public holidays regularly.
The work is physically demanding but incredibly rewarding. SADS’ staff and volunteers are totally committed to our no kill philosophy and we’re passionate about saving as many dogs and cats as possible.
Current hours required are maximum 35 but applicant must be flexible and able to fill extra days at short notice or when other staff are on holidays.
If you think you have what it takes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter must address the following questions:
1) How long have you worked in the animal industry
2) What roles have you had in the animal industry
3) Your Name, Address Telephone and Email.
Applications close on the 21st of August. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted by 28th of August.