Save-A-Dog Scheme (SADS), is an animal organisation with a No-Kill philosophy. We are seeking to fill the positions Assistant Manager at our Yarrambat facility.
The successful applicant must have prior knowledge of and experience in animal welfare and display leadership skills together with an ability and desire to work within a team to perform the routine and repetitive tasks of operating an animal shelter. You must possess the desire to further animal welfare and be commited to the service of our organisation.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong leadership skills
- Providing a high standard of animal care
- Enrichment programs of all animals
- Data entry, computer and office work
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with quarantine and disease management
- Strong Customer Service
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to support your team
- Maintaining and cleaning of animal housing
- Animal transport
- Be able to work under stress
- Have a current full licence.
- Be willing to work weekends/public holidays regularly
The work is physically demanding but incredibly rewarding. SADS’ staff and volunteers are totally committed to our no kill philosophy and we’re passionate about saving as many dogs and cats as possible.
Current hours required are 38, but applicant must be flexible and able to fill extra days at short notice or when other staff are on holidays
If you think you have what it takes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter must address the following questions:
1) How long have you worked in the animal industry
2) What roles have you had in the animal industry
3) List your experience with computer based programs, e.g. Word, Excel etc
4) Your Name Address telephone and email.
Applications close 31 October. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted by 7 September.