Save-A-Dog Scheme (SADS), is an animal organisation with a No-Kill philosophy. We are seeking to fill the positions of kennel hand at our Yarrambat facility.
Successful applicants must be:
- Team players
- Supportive of colleagues
- Flexible thinkers
- Able to work under stress
- Experienced drivers with a current full licence.
- Willing to work weekends/public holidays
- Must have experience with handling dogs, such as kennel work, particularly large untrained dogs.
- Able to assist with general office duties and understand basic levels of Word, Excel, data entry.
Duties mainly involve cleaning kennels and other responsibilities involved in caring for dogs. Animal-related qualifications are not necessary but experience with dogs is essential. The role will include working with cats, but cat experiences is not a requisite. Some general office duties may be required. Salary as per award rate.
The work is physically demanding but incredibly rewarding. SADS’ staff and volunteers are totally committed to our no kill philosophy and we’re passionate about saving as many dogs and cats as possible.
Current hours required are 9am – 5pm every Mon, Friday and Sunday plus 1 Saturday every month, but applicant must be flexible and able to fill extra days at short notice or when other staff are on holidays
If you think you have what it takes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter must address the following questions:
1) How long have you worked in the animal industry
2) What roles have you had in the animal industry
3) List your experience with computer based programs, e.g. Word, Excel etc
4) Your availability
5) Your Name Address telephone and email.
Applications close Tuesday 9th July 2021. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted by Friday 16thth July. No phone enquiries.